Born out of an Instagram comment more than two years ago, the Phoezar is an otherworldly combination of classic fuzz and phase circuits designed and built in collaboration with Rare Buzz Effects. With a Phase 45-based phase circuit on the right and a Bazz Fuss-based circuit on the left, this new design lets players tour the galaxy of weirdness, from light distorted chorus to vibrating driven-to-the-hilt stun gun.
The Phoezar was designed to be easy to use while still offering plenty of control so every player can make it their own. Separate footswitches activate each side independently, while controls for rate and depth on the phase side, and fuzz and volume on the fuzz side give simple control for the most vital aspects of the circuits. But the key control is the thoughtfully engineered order switch, allowing placement of either the fuzz or the phase first in the circuit: phase into fuzz to the left, fuzz into phase to the right.
While you can certainly run the fuzz and phase sides separately with other aspects of you pedal chain, the Phoezar really shines when the two sides are run together. Play around with the settings. You're sure to find multiple galaxies of weirdness as you pick a place to land with this alien-inspired pedal.
The Phoezar includes:
- High quality Wurth capacitors
- Bulletproof surface-mount device design for most components
- Premium Neutrik audio and Lumberg DC jacks
- Pro-quality Gorva Design 3PDT switches
- Extra-tough UV printed art for long lasting finish
- All-analog original circuit design, assembled by hand in Ohio and Washington
- Small footprint 125B enclosure for easy addition to tight pedalboards
- Runs on standard center-negative 9V power supply only